DigiLocker and mParivhaan App Valid For storage of Driving Licencee And RCbook Official Paripatra
Key Feature Of DigiLocker App.
DigiLocker is a key initiative under Digital India, the Government of India’s flagship program aimed at transforming India into a digitally empowered society and knowledge economy. Targeted at the idea of paperless governance, DigiLocker is a platform for issuance and verification of documents & certificates in a digital way, thus eliminating the use of physical documents.
The DigiLocker website can be accessed at https://digitallocker.gov.in/.
Even though the RC also now comes in a card like format, people still forget to carry this. It is difficult to help them in such situations, since we are unable to check ownership of the vehicle when drivers cannot produce the RC and other legit documents.
We have started accepting the digital format of these documents, but in case of doubt and to avoid any forgery (when we suspect some issue) then we tell them to produce the hard copy of the documents.
So, You can now access your documents and certificates from your DigiLocker on your mobile devices.
If stopped by a traffic cop for valid papers, then you may show documents stored in DigiLocker to avoid hefty penalties under the amended motor vehicles law. A senior Road Transport Ministry official said that motorists can produce documents using DigiLocker or mParivahan mobile app. The Motor Vehicles (Amendment) Bill, 2019.
which aims to enforce stricter penalties for road traffic violations, went into effect at the start of this month.
“Motorists can produce digital documents. Digital documents do not mean scanned copy or a photo of driving license, RC (registration certificate) or insurance. They have to be stored on DigiLocker or mParivahan app,” the official said.
Key Feature Of Mparivahan App:::
Provides Transport Service access to citizens through a mobile based application. This app empowers citizen with instant access to various information, services and utilities related to the Transport Sector. Aimed to bring convenience to citizen and transparency in the system.
The Ministry of Road Transport and Highways (MoRTH) has issued an advisory to states to accept Driving Licence, Registration Certificate or other documents in ‘electronic form’ presented through DigiLocker or mParivahan platform as valid under the Motor Vehicles Act, 1988 and treat them at par with the certificates issued by the transport authorities,” according to the ministry’s statement.
It is a genuine government app for all India RTO vehicle registration number search. It provides complete information about a car like –
Follow the below metioned steps
- Download the mParivahan app using the Google Play store
- Then open the app and sign-in, if you already have an account or sign up if you don’t
- In the first place select DL on the top right corner
- Enter your DL number
- To generate a virtual DL, click on “Add To My Dashboard”
- Complete the verification by entering your date of birth
- Now go back
- After that go to the Dashboard and select DL Dashboard
- Now you will be able to access your virtual DL on the mParivahan app
- You can also download the 3D barcode, which police can scan to look at the existing challans on your account
- The virtual DL on the mParivahan app shows all the details like your date of birth, expiry date, vehicle class, and RTO code
The digitally signed document is valid as per the IT Act 2000 when used electronically. Whenever you forget to carry your ID cards, just show the virtual documents, which is now valid and legal across India.
All these information will be displayed in details.
Certainly the main benefits of this app are –
1. Find details of any parked, accidental or theft vehicle by just entering the registration number.
2. Verify your car registration details.
3. Verify details of a second hand vehicle.
4. If you want to buy a second hand car you can verify the age and registration details.
Download Link Given Below:
Highlights: Virtual RC/DL, Encrypted QR Code, Information Services, DL/RC search, Road Offence Reporting, Road Accident Reporting, Transport Notification to the citizen, RTO/Traffic Office Locations. Complete Transport Office related services will also be facilitated soon..